It is essential for us to hold personal information about you in order for us to look after your health needs. If you have any changes to your circumstances, please inform us to ensure your record is kept up to date.
Staff in the practice will need to access your medical records to enable them to do their jobs..
There will be times when information may need to be shared with others involved in your care. In some circumstances we may be required by law to release your details to statutory or other official bodies, for example if a court order is presented, or in the case of public health issues.
To ensure your privacy, we will not disclose information unless we are sure it is safe to do so. Information will not be disclosed to family, friends or spouses unless we have prior written consent, and we will not, leave messages with others.
You have a right to see your records if you wish. Please ask at reception if you would like further details about this.
The following IT systems are in use at the practice:
- Referral Management (using NHS numbers in referrals)
- Electronic Appointment Booking (the facility to book routine appointments online and, similarly, to cancel appointments
- Online booking of repeat prescriptions
- Summary Care Record (uploading details of your current medication and allergies to the national â€œspineâ€ so that these are available for doctors involved in your care elsewhere)
- GP to GP transfers (the electronic transfer of records from practice to practice when you re-register
- Patient Access to records (the facility to view your medical records online).
If you are not already registered for online access and would like to be please complete our online form.
If you would like access to your medical records enabled or would like to opt out of the local or national summary care record, please contact reception.